TweakUI v2.10 is the latest release which ceased to be updated back in 2005 and has been allways been a nice complement to automating tweaks easily. It gives you access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows XP's default control panel options for example or would require you to do registry tweaks.
If you´re a power user or not this makes it easy. Go ahead and try it, but be forewarned that PowerToys aren´t supported by Microsoft because they´re not part of the official Windows XP release. TweakUI lets you adjust your Windows user interface, including menu speed, window animation, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.
Since TweakUI does not come installed by default you would be surprised how many people dont know anything about it. Watch PCWizKid's walktrough video on TweakUI and decide for yourself, what are you waiting for?
Download TweakUI from Microsoft here
Note: Tweak UI Version 2.10 requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or above / Windows Server 2003. Since most Windows XP PC's have Service Pack 2 or 3 you will probably be ok.
If you have Windows Vista , try TweakVI instead. Click the image for details.
Other Tips Users have watched
- Free up 10 Gigs of disk space easily in Windows
- Windows Performance Increase - Virtual Memory
- Make Windows XP Boot Faster - Top Tweaks Oldies but goodies
- Top 10 Free Windows Downloads to Tweak Performance
- Windows Tweak - Increase Video Card Performance
- Windows Hacks - Useful Shortcuts Save Time
- Windows XP TWEAK - Faster Boot-UP
- Unlock hidden Windows XP Options
- Windows XP PowerToys - TweakUI v2.10
- Create Shorcuts of Hidden Commands in Windows XP
- Customize Windows XP to look like Vista
- New Microsoft Free Desktop Themes for Windows XP
- Free Up windows resources which are slowing you down