I created a quick and easy video tutorial on how to do this tweak.
Notes from video:
Navigate and expand in the registry
Change the Decimal value of the Startupdelay key to 40000 and restart the PC. You should notice a bootup that takes less time.
Other Tips Users have watched
- Unlock Hidden Windows XP Options
- Windows XP - Faster Shutdown
- Windows XP Hacks - Useful Shortcuts that save time
- Windows XP and Ubuntu Tips and Tweaks Videos
- Customize Windows XP to look like Vista
- Customize your Windows XP to look like OSX Leopard
- Free Windows Cursor Themes - with CursorFX 2.0
- Enabling Remote Desktop from XP to Vista