This PCWizKid video tutorial shows you how.
Notes from video:
- In the Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Win dows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Create a new DWORD value named NoClose with a data value of 1.
- Exit the Registry and reboot in order for the change to take effect.
Remember! You won't be able to shut down Windows in the normal manner from now on, use the shutdown -r or -s command instead from the run field.
If you want to re-enable normal shutdowns, delete the NoClose value from the registry and restart your computer using the shutdown -r.
Other Tips Users have watched
- Windows TRICK - Create a Shutdown Shortcut
- Windows XP Tweak - Faster Boot Up
- Unlock Hidden Windows XP Options
- Windows XP - Faster Shutdown
- Windows XP Hacks - Useful Shortcuts that save time
- Windows XP and Ubuntu Tips and Tweaks Videos
- Customize Windows XP to look like Vista
- Customize your Windows XP to look like OSX Leopard
- Free Windows Cursor Themes - with CursorFX 2.0
- Enabling Remote Desktop from XP to Vista