The steps are easy to follow, however if you prefer written instructions
1. On the Vista computer you want to connect to for example, click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
3. If all your computers are running
Vista, click Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication. If you have Windows XP that you want to use to connect to this computer, click Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop.
4. Click Select Users.5. In the Select Users dialog, click the Add button. Type the name of the user you want to grant access to, and then click OK. Repeat this step to add more users.
6. Click OK twice.
Windows Vista will automatically open the necessary exception in Windows Firewall. Now, you are ready to use Remote Desktop to connect to the computer from another computer.
Watch PCWizKid's Video Tutorial
Other Tips Users have watched
- Boot Up Windows Faster
- Top 10 Free Downloads to improve and tweak your Windows Vista
- Customize Windows XP to look like Vista
- Windows Vista PowerToys - Tweaks from Microsoft TechNet
- Get Ubuntu (Linux) to look like OS X Leopard!
- Speed up your Windows Search
- Free Up windows resources which are slowing you down
- Customize Windows Send To (right click menu items)
- How to Change to Owner Name in Windows
- Customize your Windows Explorer View
- Disable User Account Control Popups