How's FREE calls to a landline or mobile phone in the USA or Canada!
Not only can you have a real-time, face-to-face chat with upto 6 people at once or record and send a video messages, but a new offer gives you 500 minutes of free online to landline calls to anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.
Also there are video effects that you may have seen on WebCam software in ooVoo, which allow you to change or dress up your appearance while your chatting. These are little things that make it more attractive than using Skype which feels plain and pre-web 2.0.
Setting up your contacts is quick, and if you want you can import your contacts from your email programs such as Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo mail and AOL mail for example.
Video calls can be viewed in Standard View or Sidebar View, giving you viewing flexibility, depending on your desktop tasks.
Save your video calls as AVI, FLV or HTML embedded video
So is this the next Skype? Well, the infrastructure and service is new compared to Skype, and since ooVoo is in Beta currently, its the new kid on the block with much to offer but with no real track record yet. However having said that the video quality is excellent, sound is good though you might want to get one of those headsets with a built in Mic for best results.
Main control panel shows status of other users on your ‘friends list’ so that you can see who is available or not - also allows user to type in customized status or message to others.
ooVoo system requirements are:
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP or Vista, OS X 10.4+
- Pentium 4 1Ghz + or Power MAC-G5 1GHz or Intel MAC
- 256Megs of Ram
- 20 gigs of space
- Fix your Codec Issues with Windows Media Player 11
- Top 10 Free Downloads to improve and tweak your Windows Vista
- Boot Up Windows Faster
- Enabling Remote Desktop from XP to Vista
- Customize Windows XP to look like Vista
- Windows Vista PowerToys - Tweaks from Microsoft TechNet
- Get Ubuntu (Linux) to look like OS X Leopard!
- Speed up your Windows Search
- Free Up windows resources which are slowing you down
- Customize Windows Send To (right click menu items)
- How to Change to Owner Name in Windows
- Customize your Windows Explorer View
- Disable User Account Control Popups