The first place is WallPaperStock.net , a terrific place to get all kids of desktop wallpaper for anyone, in both regular and widescreen sizes. Another site is Wallpaper9.com which has also a great little selection I havent found on other sites such as the Storm Trooper you see here.
If you are open to Artistic talent and fan art, check out the Digitalart.org where you can find an interesting selection of artwork ranging from movies, sci-fi and fantasy.
If your not the type to install Windows Blinds or other 3rd party eye candy software which may slow down your PC performance, then just changing your wallpaper is a great place to start, followed by customizing your desktop icons to match and make a theme of your own (Icons themes - will be my next post).
Other Tips Users have watched
- Free Windows Cursor Themes - with CursorFX 2.0
- Get Ubuntu (Linux) to look like OS X Leopard!
- Speed up your Windows Search
- Free Up windows resources which are slowing you down
- Customize Windows Send To (right click menu items)
- How to Change to Owner Name in Windows
- Customize your Windows Explorer View
- Disable User Account Control Popups
- Top 10 Free Downloads to improve and tweak your Windows Vista
- Boot Up Windows Faster
- Enabling Remote Desktop from XP to Vista
- Windows Vista PowerToys - Tweaks from Microsoft TechNet