Windows Vista - Features Slowing You Down?In earlier versions of Windows, to turn a feature off you had to uninstall it completely from your computer. In Windows Vista the features remain stored on your hard disk, so you can enable them back at anytime. Turning off a feature does not uninstall the feature,and reduce the amount of hard disk space. However it may improve performance due to memory and processor utilization no longer being allocated towards the particular feature. Below is the feature list, you can see which ones are enabled by default. For a detailed list of features please visit my list here.
If you want to disable unused features for example watch me tutorial below.
Other Tips Users have watched
- Get Ubuntu (Linux) to look like OS X Leopard!
- Speed up your Windows Search
- Free Up windows resources which are slowing you down
- Customize Windows Send To (right click menu items)
- How to Change to Owner Name in Windows
- Customize your Windows Explorer View
- Disable User Account Control Popups
- Top 10 Free Downloads to improve and tweak your Windows Vista
- Boot Up Windows Faster
- Enabling Remote Desktop from XP to Vista
- Windows Vista PowerToys - Tweaks from Microsoft TechNet