With technology advances that come in waves year after year, you never can be sure if its the right time to get that HDTV in LCD / LED or 3D, with PC's its very similar you buy a brand new graphics card for example and in 3 months another thats better is out! So what are PCWizKid's predictions for 2011 to keep an eye out for?
Here are 10 tech predictions in no particular order:
- 4G dual core smartphones and touchpads will dominate and take over in popularity
- Blu-Ray media (including blank dual layer for burning) will price drop making Blu-Ray burners the choice of 2011 PC's
- CPU's from Intel and AMD will finally hit the standard 32nm architechture as a normal offering in their processors, which will be more energy efficient than ever before.
- CPU's with embedded GPU's (APU's) will become the standard offering for AMD
- Tablets , tablets and more tablets will flooding the market, but will we buy them? Nah...
- 3D-HDTV's wont pick up speed fast enough to become the standard yet even though the price of 3D glasses will come down dramatically.
- 4 Terabyte hard drives will be released making 2T Drives cheep for the standard for desktop PC's along with a SSD.
- PCI Express 3.0 will be released on motherboards, but will there be any component cards that you can buy? Not enough.
- USB and SATA 3.0 become standard in mothboards for devices such as external storage and USB drives.
- HD Video Streaming online will become a popular method of watching your movies and TV shows instead of watching your traditional TV.
Have a tech prediction of your own? Post a comment in any of these areas:
- PCWizKid's Forum
- PCWizKid's Youtube Channel
- Post a tweet @PCWizKid