Watch the video below for a walkthrough review.
|CASE TYPE||MID TOWER|
(W x H x D)
|211.5 X 521.5 X 562 mm|
|COOLING SYSTEM|| FRONT, 2 X 120 mm Blue LED (included)|
REAR, 1 X 120 mm (included)
SIDE PANEL, 1 X 120mm Blue LED (included)
TOP, 2 X 140mm Fan (included)
|DRIVE BAYS|| 9 DRIVE BAYS|
3 EXTERNAL 5.25" DRIVE BAYS ( up to six 5.25" )
1 3.5" External bracket
8 INTERNAL 3.5" DRIVE BAYS
Screwless Rail Design
|MATERIAL(S)|| Steel Construction (except for front panel which is plastic)|
|Dust Filters||2 front Fans and front bezel/grill dust filters included|
|WEIGHT||11.2 KGS (W/O Power)|
|MOTHERBOARD SUPPORT||Sizes: E-ATX ATX, MICRO-ATX, BABY AT|
- Dual radiator ready: The NZXT Tempest is pre-drilled for mounting a dual 120mm radiator at the top of the chassis, currently compatible and tested with Swiftech MCR220, Asetek Dual radiator solution, and Thermaltake TMG2.
- Airflow King: Dual 120mm intake, Dual 140mm Exhaust with an additional side 120mm fan and rear 120mm fan all included.
- Maximize Expandability: E-ATX support allows more compatibility with high end components including large graphics cards
- Easier accessibility & cable management: Cable routing is pre-drilled on the motherboard so users can hide cables behind the motherboard tray, allowing more a cleaning look and better airflow. Power, E-SATA, USB and Reset buttons are mounted at the top to give better accessibility.
- Bottom mounted PSU: PSU mounting at the bottom allows for more security and separation of heat from the CPU
- Server-like HDD space: Dual 120mm fans cool cages that hold up to 8 HDDs allowing for large capacity systems while maintaining cool temperatures
This case is definitely a complete package with great value. The inclusion of 6 fans for cooling welcomes overclocking of your components . The attention to detail by adding dust filters is common sense and shows the quality of the product. However I would have like to have seen a removable motherboard tray since their was no access also to replace a CPU cooler in the tray. Also not having at the bottom of the case a wide vent for a addition of another 120mm fan intake would have been nice. Never the less for a mid tower the Tempest not only provides time saving features such as the screwless design options for drives but stands up to its name of Airflow King for a mid tower case in its class. Comparing to other manufacturers this mid tower case has an attractive price point for those looking for a quality case.
Get the latest pricing deals