SP3 has been out for a few months now, it is more of a traditional service pack rolling up previous hot-fixes than about new functionality. So the overall claim that it adds 10% Performance Boost is a nice bonus.
Lets start with some precautions before you do the install of SP3.
- Exit all Spyware and Ad-Aware programs temporarily.
- Disable temporarily all Antivirus Softwares
- Exit any programs that hav estarted automatically in your startup that are running in the system tray.
- Exit all DVD related softwares in order to avoid .dll crash
- System Keeps Rebooting after Installing Windows Service Pack 3
- XP SP3 triggers false positives in security apps
- Windows Update got corrupted or broke.
The final shipping version of Windows XP SP3 is available for download from Microsoft here:
- Free up 10 Gigs of disk space easily in Windows
- Windows Performance Increase - Virtual Memory
- Make Windows XP Boot Faster - Top Tweaks Oldies but goodies
- Top 10 Free Windows Downloads to Tweak Performance
- Windows Tweak - Increase Video Card Performance
- Windows Hacks - Useful Shortcuts Save Time
- Windows XP TWEAK - Faster Boot-UP
- Unlock hidden Windows XP Options
- Windows XP PowerToys - TweakUI v2.10
- Create Shorcuts of Hidden Commands in Windows XP
- Customize Windows XP to look like Vista
- New Microsoft Free Desktop Themes for Windows XP
- Free Up windows resources which are slowing you down